15 - 21 September 2019
Up to 8 participants. Retreat leaders :
Basia Goodwin, Bertrand Gamrowski
Early bird (before March 1st):
850 € single ensuite
750 € shared ensuite (per person)
After March 1st:
950 € single ensuite
850 € shared ensuite (per person)
- Through visits, study and an embodied practical process you will deepen your appreciation for the Camino de Santiago and it's architecture by exploring the exquisite 7th century church of San Pedro de la Nave ( one of the first pilgrims' refuges ).
- In the first few days Bertrand and Basia, will give presentations on the Camino and its architectural treasures and help you explore the shapes and beautiful forms of the san Pedro carvings through a practical exploration of their hidden, visible and symbolic geometry.
- After visiting the church you will deepen your appreciation by learning how to carve some of the beautiful designs yourself, guided by Nick Durnan, stone mason and sculptor who has 40 years experience working at English Cathedrals and specialises in medieval art.
- This will also be your opportunity to spend some quiet time in nature on the beautiful Camino de Santiago. Go for walks. Enjoy home - cooked meals under the pergola, fruit trees and vine. Share with others by the warmth of the fire each evening, and enjoy the stillness and quiet of the star lit Milky Way.
- Would you like to extand your retreat? Icon painting takes place straight after this retreat - see here.
Preliminary timetable for 15 - 21 September 2019
15th Arrival (we welcome guests from 4pm ) evening meal welcome 7 pm.
16th Camino presentation - exploring San Pedro, geometry.
17th Visit / afternoon design preparation
21st Departure after breakfast.
Nick Durnan has over 40 years experience as a stone mason, carver and sculptor conservator of historic buildings. He originally trained as a stone mason at Canterbury Cathedral in the Uk and has a degree in stone carving and conservation at the city and Guilds of London Art School. He has been a freelance conservator, conservation consultant and carver since 1984 and has worked in many English cathedrals including Exeter, Wells, Salisbury, Canterbury, Rochester and Peterborough. Recent projects include making and installing a Cosmatesque mosaic around the high altar at Buckfeat Abbey and. Carving commissions include making a full size reclining Buddah statue at Jamyang Meditation Centre in london in traditional Tibetan style. His current sculpture is focussed on the beauty of natural geometric forms. Follow the links below to learn more about Nick
The price includes :
Six nights accommodation
Teaching and materials
It does NOT include airline tickets or travel to the retreat centre. HOW TO GET HERE ?
Once we confirm a place is still available, you can secure it by making a 300 euros, non refundable deposit. The remaining amount is to be paid two months before the retreat. Refunds are only available if all spaces are filled or you can find a replacement for yourself. You can make the payment via Pay Pal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us should you prefer a different method via bank card (via phone payment - see phone number below ), transfer or Transferwise. Please note to make sure you cover all transaction or conversion fees.
Click on the icons below to share this post