19 - 25 May 2019
Retreat leaders : Basia Goodwin, Bertrand Gamrowski
Early bird (before March 1st):
850 € single ensuite
750 € shared ensuite (per person)
After March 1st:
950 € single ensuite
850 € shared ensuite (per person)
In various traditions the fashioning of a sacred art form is itself a "pilgrimage", emulating the journey of the soul back to its source or "centre".
- Draw nourishment from tradition by exploring our ancestors' love for symbol and ritual, Beauty, nature, and the Sacred through deepening your appreciation of their architectural treasures on the Camino de Santiago.
- Deepen your understanding through presentations on the Camino de Santiago and the art /architecture of pilgrimage.
- Visits to ancient petroglyphs and 7th century visigothic monastery of San Pedro de la Nave.
- You will deepen your appreciation through exploring the visible, hidden and symbolic geometry used in traditional art, the principles of geometry found in nature, as you are guided through how to construct some beautiful geometrical patterns on tea - stained paper.
- Collect Camino earths and learn how to prepare and paint using natural pigments.
- This will also be your opportunity to spend some quiet time in nature on the beautiful Camino de Santiago. Go for walks. Enjoy home - cooked meals under the pergola, fruit trees and vine. Share with others by the warmth of the fire each evening, and enjoy the stillness and quiet of the star - lit Milky Way.
Preliminary timetable for 19 -25 May 2019
19th Arrival (we welcome guests from 4pm) evening welcome meal 6/7 pm.
20th Camino presentation - exploring the labyrinth as a symbol of pilgrimage, tea staining paper, study of 5000 year old petroglyphs.
21st Sunrise visit to petroglyphs, visit to San Pedro de la Nave.
22nd Geometry in sacred art / preparing natural pigments.
23rd Geometry in sacred art / painting with natural pigments.
24th Geometry in sacred art / painting with natural pigments.
25th Departure after breakfast.
The price includes :
Six nights accommodation
Teaching and materials
It does NOT include airline tickets or travel to the retreat centre. HOW TO GET HERE ?
Once we confirm a place is still available, you can secure it by making a 300 €, non refundable deposit. The remaining amount is to be paid two months before the retreat. Refunds are only available if all spaces are filled or you can find a replacement for yourself. You can make the payment via Pay Pal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us should you prefer a different method via bank card (via phone payment - see phone number below ), transfer or Transferwise. Please note to make sure you cover all transaction or conversion fees.
Click on the icons below to share this post